Carbon capture and storage (CCS) are proven and cost-efficient technologies, available now and necessary for the European Union to reach its target of net-zero emissions by 2050. The urgency to develop these technologies are confirmed by the Commission and reports from credible sources (e.g., IPCC, IEA). CCS is indispensable for the industrial transition towards net-zero – especially for hard-to-abate sectors.
This online event will look at how CCS can contribute to ensure Europe reaches its climate targets by 2050 and fulfils the European Green Deal as mandated by Climate Law. A multi-stakeholder panel discussion will feature hard-to-abate industry representatives, the European Commission, and civil society organisations, providing key perspectives on the role for these technologies in the energy transition. Speakers include:
- Chris Bolesta, DG ENER, European Commission
- Winston Beck, Director European Affairs, HeidelbergCement
- Benjamin Denis, Senior Policy Advisor, IndustriAll
- Lina Strandvåg Nagell, Senior Manager Projects & EU Policy, Bellona
- Lucie Boost, ERG Co-chair, Zero Emissions Platform