The Carbon Capture and Storage Association (CCSA) is hiring!
CCSA is seeking a highly motivated Communications and Events Officer for its Brussels office to support its work for the Zero Emissions Platform.
Who we are
Climate Change is one of the greatest challenges of our time and the possibility to capture, transport and store (CCS) or utilise (CCU) carbon dioxide will be crucial to ensure a sustainable, competitive and equitable transition to a low-carbon Europe.
The CCSA represent a wide variety of organisations with an interest in the development and deployment of CCS technologies to reduce Carbon dioxide emissions and support the transition to a low-carbon economy. The CCSA also coordinates, under the European Commission Horizon 2020 programme, the Zero Emissions Technology and Innovation Platform (ZEP) and leads the consortium that supports the Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET-Plan) group with responsibility for CCS and CCU. Both programmes support the coordination and collaboration of a wide range of stakeholders, including EU institutions, national governments, industry, researchers and civil society.
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities will be carried out under the Zero Emissions Technology and Innovation Platform
- Organising of meetings, workshops and events
- Internal and external communication
- Drafting of communication material, etc.
- Liaising and interacting with stakeholders
- General administrative tasks
The Communication and Events Officer will report to the EU Director.
The position is a full-time one-year contract with the expectation of continuation.
- University education or equivalent and experience with communication or public relations in Brussels.
- Previous work experience or relevant degree in energy and climate change, economics or politics is an asset.
- Perfect English (native language level). Other languages such as French or German would be an asset.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Organisational skills, including ability to manage own workload and to work to a range of deadlines.
- Pro-active, results driven and comfortable in a small team environment.
- Competent use of IT applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of image editors/publishing software would be beneficial.
Deadline for applications: 14 February 2020.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation (maximum one page) to email@example.com, with “Communication and Events Officer” in the subject field.
Interviews will take place in Brussels on 25 February, with appointment shortly thereafter. Only applicants invited to an interview will receive a reply.